March 31, 2017
N3XTCODER Blockchain Workshop
How to use Blockchain Technology for Social Innovation – 2nd Edition
Join us on March 31 for a hands on workshop to get started with the technology of the future
March 31, 2017
9.30am to 4.30pm
BMW Stiftung Herbert Quandt
Reduced 59 €
Food and drinks are included
Join us on March 31 – explore blockchain technologies while solving real-world problems.
Get started with the technology of the future and learn how to use it to impact communities.
A blockchain is a database with built-in validation. It is distributed on multiple computers at the same time so that anybody can maintain a copy of it. Anyone on the network can see the same transaction history as everyone else. This is neat, because it means no central authority (e.g. a bank or a lawyer) is needed to validate transactions or contracts. It makes blockchain ideal for use cases where peers are exchanging goods, services, or funds.
We will explore a practical use case for blockchain by showing Israel based Blockchain Start-Up Group Market and EduCoin as examples to understand the concept of blockchain technology and how it could be used to provide innovative solutions for the social sector.
The Group Market platform helps individuals, organizations and communities tap into the financial and social benefits of the sharing economy revolution. As one success story, a group of young mothers started a group market out of a need to share and exchange resources.
They created a virtual community coin, which inspired almost 20,000 mothers across Israel to join them in exchanging goods, products and services from each other. Over one million transactions were done on the Group Market platform already reaching up to 1000 transactions per day.
Throughout our workshop, we will explore and develop additional applications for the Group Market platform that will contribute to achieving their overall objective of creating sustainable communities.
Artist, educator & social business entrepreneur
(Co-Founder Leiner + Partner)
The workshop will encompass 3 major themes
- Concept: Understanding the idea and principles of blockchain and decentralized smart contracts
- Applications: Understanding how current blockchain-based models work
- Future Models: Developing models for the social sector based on blockchain technology
- Developers interested in the tech/principles behind blockchain
- Product People who want to understand the possibilities & limitations of blockchain in building new kinds of products
- Inquisitive Minds, curious to understand blockchain in a deeper level and how this blockchain future might look
- Social Organizations who want to explore benefits for their causes
By the end of this workshop you will have:
- A better understanding of how blockchain works and why some consider it the technology of the future
- A better understanding of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ether. How they function, how they are evolving and how you can acquire them
- Become familiar with blockchain concepts like the ethereum foundation, smart contracts, distributed ledger, ICOs, token systems, etc
- Developed new and innovative models for the social sector based on the blockchain technology
Skill level: Beginner – Intermediate
What skills are required:
- Tech-savvy attitude and openness to learn about latest technologies is valuable
- No specific coding skills are required