Terms and Conditions for Participation #FinTech 4 Impact ProductHack Online Hackathon
- The Online Hackathon aims to empower and support “Impact Driven Ventures” working on sustainability challenges in the field of financial technology and related topics (herein also referred to as “Ventures”). This Online Hackathon has been conceived by the Hosting Company N3XTCODER Impact Studio (here in referred to as “Hosting Companies”) to work on related solutions and bring together competencies on September 04, 2020.
- The Online Hackathon is directed to Visa employees, and Visa partner banks employees, and individuals, who are interested to reimagine sustainable finance by supporting the invited Impact Driven Ventures. Participation in the Online Hackathon constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Hackathon is open to Visa employees, Visa partner bank employees, and individuals. Eligible for application are all natural persons of the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their habitual residence. The following skills and expertise will be taken into account in the selection process: software development, UX/UI Design, product development, engineering, business building, sustainability management, data modelling and mining as well as marketing and the process of communicating the product or service to customers and users.
- Participation requires a valid e-mail address, phone number and completion of the application process. The hosting companies reserve the right to consider only a subset of all submitted applications. Successful applicants will be informed via email and are considered participants of the Online Hackathon (the “Participants”).
- There is no admission fee to be paid or product to be purchased by a Participant in order to participate in the Online Hackathon.
- The Hackathon is an online-only event.
- The Hosting Companies do not assume any responsibility for any disputes arising out of or connected with the Participant’s participation in the Hackathon that may arise between the Participant and his or her employer.
SUBMISSION OF CONTRIBUTIONS
- The participants agree to be matched by N3XTCODER Impact Studio with the invited Impact Driven Ventures based on their skills and background and agree to support the respective Venture with their expertise. This may include their product (new developments or already existing developments, e.g. apps, products, services) (the “Product”) within the scope of the use cases described as “Hackathon Challenges”.
Up to 6 ventures will take part in the Hackathon:
- The Ventures will be determined in advance of the event and will be indicated as such on the ProductHack main page.
- No intellectual property licenses or assignments to the Hosting Companies or other Participants in any solutions or features are granted or made by participating in this event. The Hosting Companies merely reserve the right to use general processes and lessons-learned for educational purposes. Any and all Contributions are made to the benefit of the respective Venture.
- Review and evaluation of a submitted participation application will be carried out by N3XTCODER Impact Studio until August 28th 6pm CEST 2020, unless otherwise stated on the website.
- Review and evaluation of the Hackathon Challenges will be carried out by a Jury on August 04th, 2020.
- The Jury’s decision shall be made at the Jury’s sole discretion and shall be final and binding. The modalities and criteria for winning will be announced to the participants at the beginning of the Hackathon.
WINNERS / PRIZES
- The Jury will determine winners and may award prizes as determined by the hosting companies in accordance with its decision.
ANNOUNCEMENT AND PUBLICATION
- The winners’ names and countries of residence as well as images and pictures of the prize winning Participants and Contributions may be announced to the public on the Hackathon website and other promotional channels from the Hosting Companies, such as, www.n3xtcoder.org or www.visa.com and any other Hosting Companies websites and all its subdomains and social media accounts.
- By participating in the Hackathon, the Participant grants the Hosting Companies and their affiliated companies the unconditional and irrevocable right, except where prohibited by law, to use its name, country of residence, images and pictures and the contribution for promotional purposes.
- The Hosting Companies does not claim ownership of the Contribution, but the Participant must consider that the Contribution will be made available to others and no confidentiality can be guaranteed and warranted. As some intellectual property rights must be applied for prior to publication, the Participant must consider seeking independent legal advice prior to submission of the Contribution. The Participant has no right to claim implementation of the materials contained in their Contribution.
COSTS AND EXPENSES
- Participants’ costs and expenses in connection with the participation in the Hackathon are to be borne by the Participants. The Hosting Companies do not compensate the Participants for any costs and expenses incurred in connection with the participation in the Hackathon.
- No monetary compensation will be paid for any reason.
- In the course of the Hackathon the N3XTCODER Impact Studio is collecting personal data of the Participants provided by the Participants, in particular as regards the registration process. N3XTCODER Impact Studio collects, processes and uses (together: “processing” or “to process”) such personal data for the purpose of carrying out the Hackathon, announcing the winning Contributions, or contacting the Participants for providing information required for the proper execution of the Hackathon.
- Any Participant’s rights in accordance with applicable data protection law, in particular the Participant’s right of disclosure and or right to demand correction, blockage or deletion, shall remain unaffected. All inquiries relating to data protection shall be addressed to [email protected]
- Participants further agree that N3XTCODER Impact Studio is free to share name, email address and hosting company affiliation collected in connection with the Participant’s application for, and participation in the Hackathon with the other Hosting Companies.
- By supporting and by submitting a Contribution during the Hackathon, the Participant warrants that (i) the Contribution does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights, (ii) the Participant disposes of all permissions, rights and licenses required for the submission of the Contribution in accordance with these Terms, (iii) the Contribution does not contain any harmful, malicious or deceptive code, including but not limited to any bots, back doors, Trojan horses, viruses, worms and other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts, agents or programs intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information, (iv) the Contribution does not contain third party or publicly available code which is subject to license terms that require to license the Product or any derivative work thereof to third parties or make the Product or any derivative work thereof publicly available.
- To the fullest extent possible by applicable law, the Hosting Companies specifically disclaim any liability, terms, conditions, representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the Hackathon or prizes including any implied warranty of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and any other implied warranties that may arise in the course of performance of the Hackathon.
- The Hosting Companies shall be liable in accordance with statutory provisions for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, gross negligence, willful default, or for any other type of loss or damage which cannot be excluded by applicable law.
- In no event will the Hosting Companies, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and third parties engaged in the execution of the Hackathon, be liable to a Participant for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with the participation of the Participant in the Hackathon, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not the Initiator has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- The Hosting Companies’ cumulative aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with the Hackathon shall be limited to the value of any prizes that may be awarded.
- The Hosting Companies reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to modify, suspend or cancel the Hackathon without liability in the event that for reasons beyond the Hosting Companies’ control cannot be performed as initially planned, e.g., because of a violation of the Terms by Participants or technical problems (outages, system corruption, cyber-attacks, etc.).
COMPLIANCE WITH THE TERMS/EXCLUSION FROM COMPETITION
- Any Participant violating these Terms or interfering with the Hackathon in a way that adversely affects a fair and collaborative spirit may at the Hosting Companies’ sole discretion be excluded from the Hackathon and thereby lose its eligibility to win.
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. The UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) shall not apply. Should one or more provisions of these Terms be or become invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Terms.